Please read through this introductory text before completing the form below.
The Center for Gun Violence Reporting is accepting applications to participate in the Credible Messenger Project and cover the issues of gun violence and prevention in our city from the community perspective.
Credible Messengers are people who have had close personal experiences with gun violence who are engaged in their communities and focused on solutions.
Here’s how it works
• Individuals from communities impacted by gun violence are invited to apply online now, tell us a little about themselves and about the stories they think need to be told.
• Journalists working in Philadelphia will be invited to review the applications and contact applicants.
• Together, each team will submit a brief proposal with more information, including a timeline and basic budget for a reporting project.
• The Center will review and approve projects.
• The reporting team will produce, edit and distribute news reporting to complete the project.
• The Center will make payments upon completion, based on the approved budget.
No reporting experience is required but may become a factor in selection.
All work produced with support from this project must agree to license the Center for Gun Violence Reporting and all other parties to re-share content according to the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International.
The Center will not publicly publish applications but they will be visible to partnering professional journalists who have been accepted to the program.
All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
This is a pilot project and we want your feedback: Please contact us with any questions, concerns or recommendations.